Robotic Process Automation
What is Robotic Process Automation (RPA)?
Why use Robotic Process Automation?
A person usually handles a workflow, but they shouldn’t. Their time is better spent on creative or strategic tasks that are more rewarding and offer better value to their organisation. These are things people are good at.
On the other hand, RPA 'bots' are much better at repetitive tasks because they can operate nonstop and with 100% reliability and precision.
That means that RPA can handle many more repetitive workflows than a person, helping to free more time for more valuable work.
Benefits of Robotic Process Automation
- ⚡ Increase productivity: Get more done in the same working hours, with the same number of staff.
- 💸 Boost profits: Shorter service delivery times mean bigger profit margins.
- 💡 Transform your customer experience: Deliver services faster and impress your customers.
- 📈 Raise morale: Automate tasks that workers don’t enjoy and free them to focus on the ones they do.
- 💎 Flawless output: Get things done fast, without compromising accuracy.
- 🗃️ Integrate people and processes: Look at how work is being done, remove solios and improve efficiency.
- ✅ Completely auditable: Fully audit and track workflows.
How does Robotic Process Automation work?
Robotic Process Automation is designed to manage problem-based tasks that follow logical steps (which we call ‘workflows’).
Once a workflow is broken down into a step-by-step process, Robotic Process Automation can complete it by following those steps like a blueprint.
Robotic Process Automation can respond to a trigger with a pre-defined action, the same way a person can. A trigger can be anything, from a time to an ‘event’.
Here are some straightforward examples of triggers that Robotic Process Automation can respond to:
- [Trigger] Email received with an attachment
➡️ [Action] Attachment automatically saved into a folder so I don't have to scroll through my inbox to find it later
- [Trigger] Clock hits 9am
➡️ [Action] Send users a summary of their upcoming calendar items
- [Trigger] User presses a button
➡️ [Action] Customer information gathered from relevant systems and saved to a spreadsheet on the users’ desktop
These are examples, so we’ve kept them simple. However, Robotic Process Automation can easily complete more complex workflows and provide more value across an organisation.
There are two areas of an organisation where Robotic Process Automation can be considered, front-end and back-end.
The best way to decide where to start is by thinking about where your organisation is currently stretched.
Private Sector Automation Strategy Guides
Increased profits, better customer experiences and higher staff morale - transform your business with automation.
Choose a free strategy guide for free automation strategy tips or click the button for one-on-one time with an automation specialist.Find out more
Public Sector Automation Strategy Guides
Cost savings, workplace efficiency and better outcomes for service users - achieve all three with an effective automation strategy.
Find your free strategy guide here, or click the button to book one-on-one time with an automation specialist.Find out more
Guides like this are good, but nothing beats a conversation with a friendly expert.
Book a free RPA 101 workshop for:
- 30mins one-on-one time with an automation expert (ask them anything)
- A guided demo of RPA in action
- Tips for fast ROI
Once the workshop finishes, it's your choice whether we help you with the next steps or if you start the work yourself. Either way, you'll have everything you need to start automating. No hard selling. Promise.